On Apr 26, 2013, at 8:06 PM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> To be perfectly clear, does the bug occurs
> 1) because we open a new file descriptor for read without flushing the old
> one for write,
> 2) or does it occur with a single file descriptor opened 'rw' ?
>
> If 1), then this is probably our fault.
> If 2), then I wouldn't expect such behavior.

1), different streams are used for reading/writing, to reduce threading errors
in relation to position usage.
RemoteStrings have an unusual tendency to jump around a lot in the streams
they're linked to, which is no fun if you, say, try and write new source at the
same time in a different thread.

Cheers,
Henry