Hi,

The fonts-related code is a bit too complex for my mind.

Semi bold is indeed not a FreeTypeFontFamily, but a FreeTypeFontFamilyMember.

After loading the font, you can inspect it via:
(LogicalFontManager current allFamilies
        detect: [:each | each familyName = 'Source Code Pro' ])
                members detect: [ :each | each styleName = 'Semibold' ].

You will see that it has a couple of integer values for: stretch, weight and
slant. The only way I could set a LogicalFont from outside was via these values
explicitly:

StandardFonts codeFont: (LogicalFont
                        familyName: 'Source Code Pro'
                        pointSize: 10
                        stretchValue: 5
                        weightValue: 600
                        slantValue: 0).

I guess we need to review this part of Pharo.

Cheers,
Doru