Hi José,

On 07 Jun 2013, at 12:02, José Comesaña <jose.comes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> I would like to add a new improvement to this thread.
>
> I have noticed that Date class has a bug, or at least something to improve in
> readFrom:pattern: method. The initial comment states that "A year given using
> only two decimals is considered to be >2000.".
>
> But this seems to be incorrect: if you evaluate
>
> Date readFrom: '07/06/13' readStream pattern: 'd/m/y'
>
> you get:
>
>  7 June 0013     instead of  7 June 2013.
>
> I am working with version #20605

The fix would be quite easy:

  year := (inputStream next: 2) asInteger

should be

  year := 2000 + (inputStream next: 2) asInteger

A more important problem is that there are no users of #readFrom:pattern: in
the system, not even unit tests. If we want to keep the methods, someone should
start by writing a couple of unit tests.

Sven