Am 07.11.2013 um 16:25 schrieb Tudor Girba <tu...@tudorgirba.com>:

> Hi,
>

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Norbert Hartl <norb...@hartl.name> wrote:
> Btw. how is the ConfigurationOfPetitParser supposed to work? I loaded the one
> from the moose repo. Looking at it I need to use at least 1.6 because earlier
> versions have still Lukas’ repositories configured. But if I load 1.6 and try
> to use Versionner it shows me that I have 1.8-snapshot loaded. Is this a
> problem of versionner because of the use of snapshotocello it can’t find
> version numbers in the version methods? So even if I’m willing to use the
> 1.8-snapshot version I can’t because I want to load only the core and not the
> rest of the universe but the groups are missing in 1.8-snapshot while being
> there in 1.7-snapshot.
>
> I would be glad if someone could shed some light how this should work and why
> it needs all the added complexity.
>
> There is no light other than what you described above. If you want to
> generate a manual version, you can do that at any time. The current Moose
> process is to use Snapshotcello and we are unlikely to move away from it in
> the near future. Diego has a proposal for extending Snapshotcello to preserve
> the configuration structure, but until that is finished, we live with what we
> have. Of course, contributions are more than welcome.
>

> My advize would be to separate metacello configurations for the different
> uses of it. I do the same with my own projects because it causes less
> trouble. A ConfigurationOfPetitParser and a separate ConfigurationOfPetitGui
> that introduces dependencies to glamour et al. would save some headaches for
> people that are only interested in PetitParser.
>
> Thanks for the advice. That is precisely what I meant about people wanting to
> commit to do things :). There are many ways to make things flexible, but they
> all come with associated effort. If someone offers to put the effort into it,
> it would be great.

Sure. If we can agree about separating the gui and parser part in different
metacello configs I’m most likely in. But I like to have an agreement first.
And if we are at it we could at leat put the parser part into a separate
repository. You might leave the gui part in moose for the time being.

This way it would be made very easy to integrate petit parser in pharo or ….

Norbert