On 29 Jan 2014, at 08:51, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire.fernan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an ever growing image, now about 57MB and can't get it down:
> - I reset the variables in workspace
> - purge my class instances
> - Check with SpaceTally my classes
> - do a ImageCleaner cleanUpForRelease
> - chack for ramping processes
>
> I mainly use Morph and Form, but I don't see them consuming space.
>
> Oh by the way:
> MorphExtension allInstances size. 7480
> Morph allSubInstances  size. 11184

-> closing all windows reduces the image to 37MB.

After that, doing a  spaceTally show this entry which is very strange: 177842
instances of TextMethodLink
taking 10% of memory:

TextMethodLink                                        419      177842
4268208        9.90               24.00

This is especially strange as this is only used in Shout syntax highlighting…

Maybe this is the bug we fixed in Pharo3 that made completion hold on to
editors?

All in all, we did put quite some effort into finding memory leaks in Pharo3,
some of which might have been there
allready in Pharo2.

        Marcus