I am proposing the following as a student:

Project idea

Name: Unified Foreign Function Interface
Skill level: Advanced
Possible Mentors: Igor Stasenko / Esteban Lorenzano
Name of the Student: Ronie Salgado

Because NativeBoost has problems with portability and cannot be used
anywhere(iOS), one proposal is making a modular unified foreign function
interface. This UFFI should support multiples backends, a portable function
calls specification, portable easy to use callbacks support, and portable
foreign resources management.

Full Description Document:
http://users.dcc.uchile.cl/~rsalgado/uffi-fourth-draft.pdf