Hi,

I don't think there is a doc explaining differences between Metacello and
Metacello 2 (also known as Metacello Preview) that is now used in Pharo 3.0.
But here is the doc for Metacello 2:
https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/blob/master/docs/MetacelloUserGuide.md

You can also use Versionner to edit configurations in Pharo 3 (in the tools
menu). Versionner doc:
http://chercheurs.lille.inria.fr/~demarey/Tech/Versionner

Regards,
Christophe.