Le 23 avr. 2014 à 15:37, Attila Magyar a écrit :

> Hi Christophe,
>
> I'm not sure I fully understand, are you referring to partial mocking? Where
> you have a real object but with some mocked methods? If this is the case,
> then no, this is not supported. Some people consider this as a test smell,
> and I agree with them. Maybe the object under test is too big/complex/has
> multiple responsibilities, and extracting some parts from it could solve the
> problem. I haven't seen legitimitate use for partial mocking so far, where
> one couldn't solve the problem with redesign/refactoring in a better way.
> Until this happens I'd like to skip this feature.

I understand your point of view and I have quite the same ... (I also had the
same discussion with Guillaume)

... but sometimes, even in a well-designed class, you may need to test a very
small part of this class, and in this case, you need a real object with some
mocked methods.
It is not crucial because you can test your class as a whole (if well designed,
only a few methods are involved) but it prevents to test a smaller part.
Then, maybe the work to support a real object with some mocked methods does not
worth it.

Best regards,
Christophe