On 24 Apr 2014, at 11:25 , Sebastian Tleye <stl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Markus, I didn't try it but I will!

> On 2014-04-24 11:10, Sebastian Tleye wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am doing some experiments in Pharo and I need to model Normal and
> Log-Normal distributions in pharo.
> Is there any existing package for that?
>
> Hello Sebastion,
>
> have you tried the "NumericalMethods" Package in the Configuration browser?
> It loads a package "DHB", which includes the class DhbNormalDistribution.
>

> Best regards,
>   Markus

If the package is anything like the one in VisualWorks (In other words,
LogNormalDistribution a subclass of ProbabilityDensityWithUnknownDistribution),
you probably want to implement
LogNormalDistribution >> distributionValue: aNumber
                "Answers the probability of observing a random variable
distributed according to
                 the receiver with a value lower than or equal to aNumber."
        ^aNumber > 0
                ifFalse: [0]
                ifTrue: [normalDistribution distributionValue: aNumber ln]

rather than rely on the supers implementation, if you plan on using it.

Cheers,
Henry