XML-RPC

To use XML-RPC, load the following URL into your XML-RPC client:

http://magentohost/api/xmlrpc/

 The XML-RPC supports the version 1 of the Magento API. and the API it
supports is quite extensive..

Another Approach:

One can with some ingenuity mix a bit of groovy to deal with complex SOAP
and reduce it enough for the Pharo to deal with it in XML RPC if you have
to go that way.

SoapOpera I am sure will give you a bit of grief, unless you plan to fix
it.. while you use it.