Norbert,

I've just recently made the decision to start using Pharo3.0 to do all of
the heavy lifting  for my GsDevKit project[1] shell scripts.

I use boilerplate bash code to setup the environment[2] and then call Pharo
CommandLineHandler[3] to do the real work ...

I embed the script repository[4] in the project, so the script code matches
the directory structure and I build the command line pharo image[5] as part
of my installation.

I've been pretty pleased with the results, too. It's pretty straightforward
to run the scripts from within an interactive Pharo for debugging and it
beats the heck out of trying to do *simple things* with bash...

My only wish is that CommandLine had better getopts support - I have a
posix getopts commandline parser implementation that iI use for tODE that
I'd be willing to share ... hint hint:).

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/blob/master/bin/createStone