Hi everyone !

I experience troubles with NBExternalStructure in NativeBoost when the
structure modeled contains fields with different types. For example,
manipulating the following structure poses no problem and I can manipulate
the fields correctly:

typedef struct abc_s {
double a;
double b;
double c;
} abc;

However, setting field 'a' to be an int yields the following symptoms:
  ¤ From Pharo to C (function with 'abc' as argument type), the fields are
badly read.
  ¤ From C to Pharo (function with 'abc' as return type), the VM crash
without an error nor a dump.

Am I doing something wrong or is it maybe specific to the compiler I use
(the one that comes with Visual Studio Express 2013) ?

I'm pretty sure I could go arround this using NBExternalObject and building
the structure on C side, but it would be nice to avoid it.

On a side note, my understanding is that creating a structure on Pharo side
will have it stored in Pharo memory. Is it problematic when it comes to
pass it by value ? Or should I manage the copying on the C heap to be safe ?

Thomas.