On 4 August 2014 16:45, Thomas Bany <mun.sys...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again !
>

> I'm having trouble to call the function with the following prototype :
>
> void propagateTLE(orbit_t orb, double secondSince[], xyz_t * out, size_t
>> nbEpoch)
>

> with the corresponding NB call:
>
> self nbCall: #( void propagateTLE(orbit_t orbit, double * secondSince,
>> xyz_t * out, size_t nbEpoch) )
>

> The argument *secondSince* is an input and the argument *out* is the
> output pointer that the function should fill. I have made 2 subclass of
> NBExternalArray to feed this function, (allmost) namely: *ArrayOfDoubles *and
> *ArrayOfXYZ*. Should I mention that type *xyz_t* is a struct that I
> modeled with an *NBExternalStructure*.
>
> I face 2 issues:
>
>    - The type *ArrayOfXYZ* is refused as an *xyz_t** type. However, the
> *ArrayOfDoubles
>    *is accepted as a *double** type.
>    - If a get rid of the *out* argument to test the array *secondSince*,
>    I get an undefined error (Error durring FFI call: nil).
>

> My current solution is to use the adress of my arrays and the following NB
> call:
>
> self nbCall: #( void propagateTLE(orbit_t orbit, NBExternalAddress
>> secondSince, NBExternalAddress out, size_t nbEpoch) )
>

> if you explicitly specify NBExternalAddress, then it won't accept any
other argument than instance of NBExternalAddress.

Also, note there's no marshallers for (sub)instances of NBExternalArray,
and thus you cannot pass them directly, but only by passing pointer to its
elements using #address method.

I.e, if you using 'whatever *', you can pass a pointer to array by:
myArray address.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.