Hello Hans,

the standard way to build GUIs using Pharo is to use Spec. I suggest you have a
look at the documentation of Spec online, do the tutorial and then  you can
start experimenting. The easiest way to see the Spec documentation is here:
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoForTheEnterprise/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Spec/Spec.pier.html

On Nov 26, 2014, at 10:16 AM, Hans Schueren <werb...@hans-schueren.de> wrote:

> To whom it may concern ,
>

> may i ask for some help about standard graphic routines ?
>
> As a beginner i just have learned all the first level SYNTAX of smalltalk 80.
>
> Now , you can imagine , i am interested in writing little GUI windows and
> graphics for
>
> placing some text in the right positions.
>

> Theese are the statements i have studied from my material.
>

> Does anybody know why the statements not work?
>
> Are there any "replacements" for the syntax that i posted here as example ?
>
> Have a nice day
>

> HERE ARE THE EXAMPLES :
>

> | window |
> window := ScheduledWindow new.
> window component: 'Hello World' asComposedText.
> window open
>

> | window |
> window := ScheduledWindow new.
> window label: 'Fenster ohne Inhalt'.
> window minimumSize: 200 @ 100; maximumSize: 400 @ 300.
> window open
>

> displayOn: aGraphicsContext
> 1 to: 10 do:
> [:i|
> aGraphicsContext translation printString
>   asComposedText displayOn: aGraphicsContext.
> aGraphicsContext translateBy: 15 @ 15]
>

> Greetings
>

> Hans
> The Byte Surfer

PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile