Hello everybody,

I am excited to announce that ShoreLine Reporter is now part of Pharo 4.
ShoreLine Reporter is a tool to detect and report errors in Pharo: whenever a user encounters an exception, she can select the "Report" option from the Pre Debug Window and send a stack trace to the ShoreLine server.

We are using the collected data to identify bugs in the system faster. We are also building a set of tools that the community can use to visualize the information from Pharo exceptions. More on that soon ;-)

If you want to help the Pharo development just press the "Report" button to submit your exceptions. You can also decide to submit every exception without being bothered by selecting the "always submit" checkbox.

We do not want to intrude your privacy: this option is opt-in and does not send any data without your explicit consensus. Also, we are working to introduce the possibility to filter the stack trace data that involves proprietary code, and include only information regarding the core system.

Any question or suggestion to improve the tool is more than welcome.

Stay tuned and have fun!
Tommaso