Hey Richard,

I believe the only alive cross-dialect space is the #smalltalk IRC channel
in FreeNode. There's an average of 25~30 people online in that channel,
which is not _too_ bad considering the size of our community. Still,
compare that to, say, #lisp, with ~400 users and also being a cross-dialect
channel.

Smalltalkers feel quite strong about their particular dialect. I'm not
criticizing this behavior, I'm just stating facts. I also have strong
feelings for "my dialects" and I don't think this is necessarily bad.

However, there are some "de-facto" meeting points for all Smalltalks, like
http://world.st. Even though there is no mailing list that joins all of us
together, this space does feature a homogenized list of all forums (
http://forum.world.st/). Planet Smalltalk (http://planet.smalltalk.org/) is
another great one for those of us who use RSS feeds.

Indeed, it could take quite a while before a generic Smalltalk list was
populated enough, but these two efforts show there might be an interest.

Cheers,
Bernat.

--
Bernat Romagosa.