You can do it with

kill -15 PID

And, this (requires OSProcess):

makeStopHook
        "Answers the process that hooks to the
        OS signal that makes this worker to shutdown
        when the VM process receives a TERM signal from
        the OS."

        ^ [|semaphore|
                semaphore := OSProcess accessor forwardSigTerm.
                semaphore wait.
                self onTerminationSignal]
                        forkAt: Processor systemBackgroundPriority
                        named: 'Image TERM’

onTerminationSignal
        "The process for the VM of this image
        has received a TERM signal from the OS.
        React accordingly"

        self log: 'That''s all folks. This worker is shutting down. Bye bye...'
level:#messages.
        OSProcess accessor restoreSigTerm.
        SmalltalkImage current snapshot: false andQuit: true.