Hi!

I just returned from a one on one Smalltalk introduction I gave tonight.

Can you please check for differences in the current Pharo3.0 one-click-images for Windows and Linux?

We had issues tonight that make it quite understandable that some beginners might stop looking at Smalltalk after a while.

Date fromString: method
contains a method comment on Windows and on Ubuntu it doesn't even include an implementation.

The behavior of icons in the Class hierarchy are inconsitent on Ubuntu.
Where as entering a class comment changes the icons from an exclamation mark to the green class icon on windows; in Ubuntu the super classes of the class remain exclamation marks even hough they include comments. The user thought he did something wrong,... or something is forbidden in general.... the meaning of the icons does not to seem self-explainatory

Pharo 4.0 the mouse buttons are switched,... that is annoying
copy&paste from Chrome to Pharo 4.0 workspace/Playground on Ubuntu did not work either.

But now also something positive.
The user tried to get started in Squeak last week and spent hours to find out how things work and how to install stuff. Tonight we setup pharo-launcher and two images.... 5 minutes later: "Wow,... that was fast! And we can start now?"
:-D

By the way! Windows 8 pharo-launcher? Is there anything special to it? I was not able to get it going tonight.

Cheers!
Sebastian