I have this very simple baseline for Ephestos

baseline: spec
    <baseline>
    spec
      for: #pharo
      do: [
        spec package: 'Ephestos' with: [Metacello new
    baseline: 'SmaCC';
    repository: 'github://ThierryGoubier/SmaCC';
    load] ].

The above code works fine for me. The user can install Ephestos from
configuration browser that has a configuration that loads this baseline
which in turn not only loads the latest code for the project but also runs
this block to make sure Smacc is installed for Ephestos to use.

The question however how else I can do this and what are the advantages and
disadvantages for those other approaches ?