> Am 31.03.2015 um 15:15 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu>:
>
> I believe logging to syslog(d) is part of SystemLogger.
>
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~StephaneDucasse/SystemLogger
>
> See category SystemLogger-SysLogSender

Yes, it is. I used on a daily base. It does not implement all of the rfc
standard but usual stuff is there. I use it like this

AnyClass>>log: aString
        (aString asLog tag: 'event-server') emit

The SystemLogger emits a log object. Setting the tag sets the tag in the syslog
protocol. Based on that information the logfiles are filtered on the central
server.

It might be worth to have a look at each others code. The SyslogSender in the
SystemLogger would be a good fit to utilize another syslog client. The
SystemLogger SysLogSender just needs to be a bridge to any cllient.

Norbert