Le 31/3/15 17:17, Peter Uhnák a écrit :
Thanks all,

in the end I've used PetitParser and I was really surprised and happy how easy and far I've got with it.

TBH using regular expressions in Pharo feels extremely uncomfortable to me compared to Perl or Ruby, but maybe that was design decision by the author to not be too hacky.

So at least to me PetitParser feels like a more practical regex library than Regex itself.

Yes
:)
May be this was a mistake to get regexp.

Stef

Peter

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Damien Cassou <damien.cas...@gmail.com <mailto:damien.cas...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Peter Uhnák <i.uh...@gmail.com <mailto:i.uh...@gmail.com>> writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to parse text like
    > -----
    > id(param1, param2, ... paramX)
    > id -> id
    > id ->> id
    > -----
    > id is alphanumeric string,
    > param is any string optionally enclosed in quotes (so both
    quoted and
    > unquoted string is needed)

    I would start with streams and regular expressions. If that's not
    powerful enough I would use PetitParser. If that's not fast enough, I
    would try SmaCC and compare speed.

    --
    Damien Cassou
    http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st