You could have a look at the ZTimestamp package (you can load it using the
Configuration Browser, the repository is
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~SvenVanCaekenberghe/Neo). It has a class
ZTimestampFormat which currently formats & parses dates/times/timestamps in 4
languages "by example". You could add Spanish, I guess. Contribution are
welcome.

For example,

(ZTimestampFormat fromString: '_3 February 2001')
  french;
  parse: ' 7 Août 1967'.