Thanks Nicolai, you were right. The problem was not on the image format, but on the parsing of the date. It was just that my non working test were located at places where, coincidentally, the images were on jpg format and I was misreading the signals :-). Now both, date scrapping/formating and images in jpeg and png, are working properly. Last version of Dataviz[1] reflect that changes.

[1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Dataviz

Cheers,

Offray