Le 19/4/15 13:59, p...@highoctane.be a écrit :
I have a collection of docs about Magritte I collected over time and made some examples when I was trying to get it integrated in one software.

I took a while to wrap my mind around it and reading Luka's thesis was helpful.

I also realized that there were missing pieces for some associations I wanted.

Maybe we should start a shared effort on this in the form of a pillar book (maybe there is one somewhere already).

Yes this would be so great.
I would like to port the tutorial lukas wrote to Magritte3 to get refreshed with Magritte.

QCMagritte is interesting but I do not feel like looking into it, as it is hard to wrap my mind around it.

My main concern with Magritte at this point is that it takes significant effort to get a decent CRUD system working. What I have got is okay for prototyping but the UI seems very bland compared to what I can do using WATableReport extensions and Mold. This hasn't to be like that but as Quuve showed, one needs to make all of the subclassed parts and mechanisms to get it nice.

This is really an area where we are lagging behind.

It is annyoying since competing technologies do have what it takes to make decent crud systems.

In TikiWiki CMS groupware, we've got a thing callned "trackers' : https://doc.tiki.org/Trackers

Making a CRUD thing is very easy. Example: http://www.socius.be/Praktijkenbank or http://www.socius.be/Vacatures is all done with trackers. (that's the presentation side, the admin side works nicely with checks and workflows).

Time to do the whole site was something like 2-3 months for 2 people.

Good CRUD ability is what most people are looking for in web frameworks and we are a bit lagging here.

Yes sadly :(
But the "soup of stones" only works when people put items on the top

In Python we get http://www.pythondiary.com/tutorials/simple-crud-app-django.html

We need to get this working.

Phil

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Hilaire <hila...@drgeo.eu <mailto:hila...@drgeo.eu>> wrote:

    Le 19/04/2015 07:30, stepharo a écrit :
    > Hi guys
    >
    > long time ago Magritte was shipped with examples such as
    MAAddress and
    > MAPerson.
    > Does anybody have an idea?
    >
    > Stef

    Hi,

    In my opinion, the lack of documentation is how to extend Magritte to
    fit your own object.
    For example, an object with two attributes (a string and an object
    with
    values taken from a collection).

    Hilaire

    --