You need to look at the headers of the request. I would assume the sender sets
an Content-Type: application/json without charset. In that moment it is
uncertain what has to be done because the server needs to assume what charset
it might be and this tasks seldomly works out good.
In order to make it work set a content type of your entity this way

ZnMimeType applicationJson setCharSetUTF8

Now you send a Content-Type of application/json;charset=utf-8 and the server
knows which character decoder to use. That should be it. So please always
assign a char set to your sending data to make it more reliable what happens on
the other end.

hope this helps,

Norbert