Hmm, at least I managed, that Pharo answered every second request using
the echo example

Under Windows and nginx I added to the nginx configuration. My local
Pharo server is running under 127.0.0.1:40000:

extract from nginx.conf:

http:{

    map $http_upgrade $connection_upgrade {
        default upgrade;
    }

server {

 location /ws-echo {
   proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:40000/ws-echo ;
   proxy_http_version 1.1;
   proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
   proxy_set_header Connection $connection_upgrade;
 }
 location /ws-echo-client {
   proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:40000/ws-echo-client ;
 }