Hi all, Sven,

I think what many people need is to have a ZnClient subclass that follows the
‘better safe than sorry’ approach.
In this way, there is an easy escape when someone bumps into a server that is
not strictly implementing the standard.

We bumped into this too with the + character when upgrading from an earlier
version of Zinc. In particular, a lightweight Java http server we were
communicating with was excepting the + character to be encoded in the path,
although it should not.

Just off the top of my head, this seems quite easy to do as all the
abstractions are present in Zinc to achieve this, no?

But I do support that Zinc is teaching us to behave according to the standard
(although the standard is crap :)

cheers,
Johan