> Hi
>
> I am using Spec to build the UI for an application.
> It would be great if anyone could help me put up nice background and images
> (just like we can do in Morphs).

I think spec does not support this. It could work (see example) but sadly
the
layout for creates non-translucent panels, and therefore you can not see
between the
controls:

    | ui layout |
    ui := DynamicComposableModel new.
    ui instantiateModels: #(#logo #ImageModel #input #TextInputFieldModel
#label #LabelModel #button1 ButtonModel).
    ui label label: 'Label'.
    ui button1 label: 'Go'.
    ui logo image: PolymorphSystemSettings pharoLogoForm.
    layout := SpecLayout composed
                        add: #logo top: 0 bottom: 1;
                        newRow:[:c | c
                        newColumn:[:r | r
                            add: #label;
                            add: #input;
                            add: #button1] left:0.5] height:90;

        yourself.
    ui openWithSpecLayout: layout.

see screenshot (PharoScreenshot.png)
if the PanelMorphs are translucent, it would look like the second
screenshot (PharoScreenshot.1.png)

> Thanks
> Jigyasa
>
> PS:
> Can I put up an image like this ? (It doesnt seem to work)
> /ImageModel new
>         image:  (Form fromFileNamed: FileSystem workingDirectory /
> 'header.gif');
>     openWithSpec./

What does not work in this example?