> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Thierry Goubier <
> thierry.goub...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Alex, would you be able to show something with Roassal? It would be
>>>>

>>> Interesting that if someone else needs it I have no problem writing
>>> Roassal scripts etc, but when I need it I don't even think of using Roassal
>>> to actually solve my problems...
>>>

>> :)
>>

>>> Anyway I ran into similar issue I had before, that
>>> McFileTreeGitRepository is returning GitFileTreePackageEntry instead of
>>> filenames, so this fails.
>>>

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> mc := MCFileTreeGitRepository allInstances detect: [ :m | m name
>>> includesSubstring: 'dynacase/repository' ].
>>>
>>> root := mc versionInfoFromFileNamed: mc readableFileNames first. "<-- mc
>>> readableFileNames doesn't return file names"
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> (The above for SmalltalkHub repos works just fine.)
>>>

>> Yes. I spent a lot of time try to guess what was the repository API used
>> by Monticello, and I failed for part of it ;)
>>
>> With git, I couldn't work with something as primitive as a file name to
>> refer to a git commit :) so had to work at a higher level and try to patch
>> all the places where Monticello was forcing strings on me.
>>

> Ok, so should I work around this because it's unfixable, or is it a bug?

No, it's a bug...

But one of a whack-a-mole type :).

FileTree (and GitFileTree) have a bunch of tests for internal coverage
(reading, writing, etc....) with a complex setup (you need to provide test
repositories)... which isn't included in Pharo integration testing by the
way. However there are weaknesses in the Gofer to repositories testing
(again probably because setting up a test environment with test
repositories for Pharo would be complex).

Thierry