Something I do since years is to have my own cross-image-shared package
cache or explicit directory-based monticello repository (added to your
projects) where I have everything. Then, you can simply commit to your
local directory based monticello report and load it in the other
image..quite simple.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com