On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com>
wrote:

> 1. What is the status of this project
> (http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Seamless.html)? I see the last commit is in
> April. Does it "work"?

As an engineering pre-requisite for my research, yes ;)

You can already read: https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01145792/document
go through the examples, and provide some feedback.

Soon there will be more engineering effort from RMoD to push,
all results from such prototypes forward.

> 2. Can the communication be done securely? If I had two images each running
> on a server in a different physical location, could they communicate over
> something like SSL?

Yes this is doable, although there is no SSL support in Seamless itself
with minimal effort you can use ZdcSecureSocketStream (Zodiac-Core) with it.

Cheers,

Nick