Hi,

today I wanted to have a look at how git integrates with Pharo. This is
what I found (mostly done by Thierry Goubier, thank you very much) and
what I didn't find:

- there is some documentation here:

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/view/Books/job/PharoBookWorkInProgress/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/GitAndPharo/GitAndPharo.html
  But this is largely unfinished material. I contributed by adding a few
  things here and there but not much. If you have some experience,
  please share it there
  (https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/PharoInProgress). Missing
  things include:

  - a discussion about which process to follow in which conditions
    (should I use GitFileTree or FileTree?)

  - a discussion about moving a smalltalkhub repository to git while
    preserving history

  - a discussion on how to write Metacello configurations for a project
    on git and for a project which depends on a project on git.

- there is a nice git merge driver
  (https://github.com/ThierryGoubier/GitFileTree-MergeDriver). It seems
  to work fine. I sent 3 minor pull requests.

- a list of tools missing before everyone uses git. For example:

  - A tool to resolve merge conflicts in Pharo. We should reuse the diff
    widget we have.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st