Hi lyn

I have the same experience than sven.

Stef

-Lyn

I think that with the current options in the tools (auto generation of
accessors based on instance variables, checking references to instance
variables, renaming either accessors or instance variables, syntax coloring)
the difference between the two is becoming somewhat smaller.

I used to consistently use accessors for the reasons you describe, but lately I
find it more important to think as object oriented as possible, to maximise
encapsulation and minimise the interface to the outside world. Now, I only add
accessors if that really makes sense, the lack of accessors should then signal
the private nature of the instance variable.

Sven