In Pharo I have Pharo/Smalltalk. Even a simple user can often contribute in simple ways. Even as a simple user of a Pharo tool. I can submit issues, fix simple issues, improve method or class comments, etc. As I learn the Pharo tools and ecosystem I continually improve my ability to take care of myself and also contribute to the community. I think Pharo is the most user empowering environment I have found. Sure I can find lots and lots of other quality tools in other languages. But each is their own island. And depending on how broadly I spread the net. Different languages, different cultures, different licenses, all independent of each other.

I much prefer the Pharo ecosystem and culture. It is home.
I know others who like the other tools, and multiplicity of choice. And they feel comfortable there.

Choice is nice. Pharo is mine.
:)

Thanks again for suggestions and for a view on how others approach problems and their solutions. That is always available as inspiration even within Pharo. I take a look at your stuff.

Jimmie