And yes, I think that we need to make something. It's curious because programming tries to remain abstract but programmers are concrete people with countries, families, ties. I'm trying an alternative approach that binds programming to the reality by not starting with the sad/uninteresting "hello world examples", but with making sense of a complex human world by using data. Usually that means scraping data, think of it as a political construction instead of a "neutral" one and a critical approaches to problems. I'm not saying this is some kind of "solution", but another place to start thinking in how our everyday programming language and environment can help to build democracy and understanding by education, instead of being co-opted by the language of war.

With solidarity,

Offray

On 15/11/15 04:23, abdelghani ALIDRA wrote:

Indeed, This is a very sad day.
I sincerly sympathize with people of France.
In Algeria, we have known such barbarian actions in the 90's (and much more unfortunately, may you be preserved) But today we got rid of it. And I hope France will do too. In fact, I am quite sure it will.

I finaly would like to say that those sick people do not represent us.
They are stupid ignorants and we muslims, have been their first victims in Algeria, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan ... and unfortunately, as Stef said, their evil will expand everywhere if nothing is done to stop them.

Abdelghani

Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 08:13:32 +0100
From: stepharo <steph...@free.fr <mailto:steph...@free.fr>>
To: Pharo Development List <pharo-...@lists.pharo.org <mailto:pharo-...@lists.pharo.org>>, Any question about pharo is welcome <pharo-users@lists.pharo.org <mailto:pharo-users@lists.pharo.org>>
Subject: [Pharo-users] Democracy attacked...

Hi guys

I just want to let you that France got attacked by kamizazes probably
from these fanatics
ruining syria and we are touched. 120 people killed: they attacked a
rock concert and
restaurants in the street in Paris. They killed people randomly and as
birds.
I hope that such attacks will not happen in your country but if we do
not do anything
I doubt it will not expand.

And sadly this is just the beginning because this is a terrible war in
fact. Democracy and
our model are threatened and I hope our countries will realize that we
have to react.

Stef

Message: 2