> On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 9:24 PM, Tudor Girba <tu...@tudorgirba.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Strings are supposed to be immutable, and that is why we do not support
>> editing by default :).
>>

> I do not think this is good... yes, it would be nice if *literal* strings
> *would* be immutable, but they are not.

Actually, that is something I work on and that should be the case in the
incoming months. All literals will be immutable by default, except if you
explicitly ask the compiler to compile mutable literals.

> The tools should not put artificial constraints on the language model.
> Strings can be changed, so the inspector
> has to allow that. It is a debugging tool, after all...

Agreed, the strings should be able to be changed, if they are immutable you
will have a runtime error anyway.