sure but namespaces do not solve that problem either. They actually make it
much worse. You can have a library named Door by X author and then another
library named Door by author Y , hello name clash. Even worse those
libraries may contain objects than name class, normally that would not be a
problem under the expected usage of name space but lazy coders being ....
well lazy... they love to collapse the namespace to reduce typing. So
House.Door.Handle will become just Handle which may clash with with the
name of another collapsed namespace.

Pharo is immune to such issues and the enviroment guarantees that you wont
have name clashes inside the image. Namespaces , dont.

Add to that that we are very much centralised community around STHub and
GitHub which makes it dead easy to find any potential name clash, compared
to other languages that are spread all over the internet.

So I would say its more a luxury solution than a poor man's. What pharo
lacks is something that helps us organise our classes even more and even
tag them to form relationships between them. But thats easy to implement
the questions is who is going to port the thousands of classes to a new
system.