On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 7:06 PM, Dimitris Chloupis
<kilon.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can indeed interpret My Cases as "assigned to me" but my first thought
> was when I saw "My Cases" is to assume that is the cases i opened.
>
> In any case I created my own custom filter with openedBy:me and saved it as
> "My Opened Cases" and I also used the Henrik suggestion to subscribe to all
> relevant opened and closed case I am interested for. So hopefully this is
> the end of my frustration though I am sure I will find something to complain
> about :D
>
> So yes fogbuz is not that bad once you figure out how it works, but is
> confusing for newcomers to say the least.

This impedance mismatch is because its a professional tool designed
for commercial in-house bug tracking, where users have no access to
it.  So the "my" is "my cases" is always a developer working on
someone else's bug.   In our case there is little distinction between
our users and our developers.  For this reason, Fogbugz doesn't always
exactly match our needs, but I think it is sufficient, and we are
lucky to have the free access to it that we have. It would be a big
job moving, which we should delay as long as reasonably possible.

cheers -ben