Le 22/01/2016 19:35, stepharo a écrit :

- Performance: for a compiler, having access to static types makes
compiling and performance optimisation a lot easier. This is my
current project (R compilation to heterogeneous targets) and I find
that type inference over R code is a hard (and interesting) subject.

Thierry you see what I would love to have is a R to Pharo :)

You have I think a lot of the pieces already... SciSmalltalk and Roassal. But I wouldn't bet the R interpreter isn't faster than Pharo on some stats and numerical code: linking with BLAS and the mkl can do wonders...

Now, what I'm working for is transparent heterogeneous GPU/Xeon Phi accelerated compute. I think the approach could be used for Pharo as well, but Eliot would be unhappy ;)

Thierry