Hi Serge,

It could be interesting to add a GBIF API for a future release, however the
GBIF dataset is oriented to taxonomies and name resolution (of already
assigned genetic data), and we do not put much focus on taxonomy but a
determining phylogeography, origins of domestic breeds, etc. of a few
well-defined species.
Regards,

Hernán