I'm not sure I understand what you want to archive with provided code :)
Space is not something you want to embed in another space. Space manages UI
thread, event fetching, alarms and many other low level stuff. Universe
contains spaces and there can be only one running space at a time - read
there can be only one active UI thread and event fetcher in the system.
Check Bloc-Core-Universe. Alain put a lot of effort writing class docs.

Please, could you explain in more detail your idea and provide some
examples where embedding of spaces could be applicable?

This makes real testing possible, prevents another global
> mess, and makes other /really/ exciting possibilities within reach

Why?

You can create a separate 'Bloc-Test' space and do testing there.

> testSpace := BlUniverse default defaultSpaceClass new identifiedBy:
> 'Bloc-Test'.
> BlUniverse default addNewSpace: testSpace.
> BlUniverse default switchToSpace: testSpace.

Cheers,
Alex