On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 2:52 AM, Nicolai Hess <nicolaih...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 11-04-16 02:00, Robert J Rothwell wrote:
>>
>>> Should
>>>
>>>         (MessageDialogWindow new text: 'Hello') open
>>>
>>> work?
>>>
>>> I get a stack trace on CompositionScanner if I try to set the text.
>>>

>> Yes. Please open a bug entry. (If you want to help, try with a few older
>> versions
>> of pharo to find out when the bug was introduced)

Where can I learn how to open a bug entry and/or how to submit a fix?

> Yes, maybe MessageDialogWindow should init the font with a default font.

You are correct; adding:

MessageDialogWindow>>initialize
^super initialize textFont: (Smalltalk ui theme textFont)

Corrects the problem in Pharo 4.0 and Pharo 5.0

>> Also, is there a way to display the dialog modally (relative to your
>>> application)?
>>>
>>> Take a look at Morph>openModal:

Thank you!

>> Stephan
>>

> And this DialogWindow classes are used by UITheme, for example
>
> Smalltalk ui theme messageIn:World text:'Some MessageText' title:'The
> Title'.
> or for long messages:
> Smalltalk ui theme longMessageIn:World text: ProfStef
> pharoZenValuesContents  title:'Pharo Zen'.
>
> The "World" argument specifies to which Window this Dialog should be modal.

This seems like what I should have done in the first place!

Rob