> Hello,
>
> I am new to Pharo and would like to understand a few things.
> I can search by myself, but I do not know the code base yet, so:
>
> [Questions]
> Pharo image:
>     Serialization, deserialization, where is the code?

Have a look at Fuel classes (those starting with FL)

> Pharo vm (Cog/Spur):
>     Rendering loop and event loops. done with SDL2, where is the code?

For low-level stuff you should check the primitives and/or plugins code (C
code) and its interface code (Slang code, Smalltalk subset language to
interface Slang to C code) which used to be in the VMMaker package (didn't
checked lately).

>     Message passing, object hierarchy lookup, where is the code?

There was a paper of Hernan Wilkinson about method lookup but I cannot find
the link.

> Pharo minimal:
>     How to get a working version? The builds I tried (4.0) crashed.

I don't know if it's working or experimental, it used to work some time ago.

http://basis.desk.org:8080/ToytownStLab/Smalltalk+hardware