I also have a private project (created several months ago) and very
frequently I find timeouts trying to commit. The other day I had one (see
the email I sent to the mailing list). Today (now), I have this problem
again:

 From image side, when I commit, Pharo keeps "Updating"  progress bar for a
lifetime...very very very slow. Until several minutes.. then it brings
timeout error. What is funny is that I discovered that the commit did
actually happen (as I see it in the repo). This is very disturbing.

Any idea?  May this be related to the issue of this email?  Looks like
private projects are complicated....