Le 29/06/2016 00:55, Dale Henrichs a écrit :

I'm pretty certain the MCLazyVersionInfo is the real culprit here ...
while reading the code I recognized that many of the basic patterns were
exactly as I had remembered them from years ago ... however ...
MCLazyVersionInfo this puppy with its "default behavior" to scan the
universe is the real culprit ... I would think that at a minimum the
repository or repository group would/could be know at the time that the
MCLazyVersionInfo was created and a scan of just those repositories ---
already associated with the project --- would not be nearly as bad as
when we have now ...

The MCLazyVersionInfo thing is mine too; it was a solution to avoid keeping MBs of version info kept inside the image memory, with the cost of having to reload that information when you access the ancestry.

Now, the approach needs to be tuned to avoid spurious "query the world" searches, but, as you point out, I hasn't been too successfull yet. And one of the thing MC lack, is that link between a repository and a working copy.

(at the same time, restricting version number determination to a subset of the repositories is against MC principles when numbering versions).

Thierry