Le 27/07/2016 à 23:42, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
Hi,

- first, there is a high change people already have git installed in their
machines.

Hum. Do they need to have a ssh key registered on github to use ssh-based urls? GitFileTree (and Iceberg?) tend to focus on ssh urls, even if gitfiletree has support for https urls (but they are a bit harder to write).

- but anyway, people does not have to install git to load a project, metacello
will download a zip and install from there, no clone and no anything needed.

The equivalence is, given a gitfiletree url of:

        gitfiletree://github.com/User/Project:Branch/OptionalDirectory

the github:// url for Metacello will be:

        github://User/Project:Branch/OptionalDirectory

and github:// can target tags or commits as well as branches.

Thierry

- and you can also prepare ConfigurationOf that points to tags/commits/branchs
from git, so you can do your versions “Yuriy style”, pointing to them…

finally, if you want a mirror you can do a script more or less like this one:

git clone blah dir
curl get.pharo.org | bash
./pharo Pharo.image eval “
| packages gofer |

packages := #('FFI-Pools' 'SharedPool-Speech' 'Balloon-Engine-Pools' 'Sound'
'Alien-Core' 'VMMaker-oscog' 'VMMaker.oscog' 'Cog' 'Qwaq-VMProfiling-Plugins'
'VMConstruction-Plugins-AioPlugin'
'VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin.oscog' 'Freetype-Plugin'
'SqueakSSL-Plugin' 'ObjectiveC-Plugin' 'Applescript-Core' 'CMakeVMMaker'
'PharoVMMaker').

gofer := Gofer it
        url: 'filetree://dir/mc';
        yourself.
packages do: [ :packageName |  gofer package: packageName ].
gofer fetch.
gofer := Gofer it
        url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/PharoVM/main' username:
'PharoMirrorJob' password: ’shhh';
        yourself.
packages do: [ :packageName |  gofer package: packageName ].
gofer push.
“

and you can run it in a cron :)

cheers,