I think a lot could have change in the two years since I asked how Smalltalk
can benefit from the development of Dart. Originally, Dart was meant to be a
web language. Now it is going to be the main language for an Operating
System. Since it has the full backing of Google, it is in our interest to
ride with it. I wish Smalltalk not to miss out again.

We can of course port the current VM's for Squeak, Pharo, VisualWorks to
Fuchsia, but what do we gain by that? Not much, I think. What if Smalltalk
can do everything Dart can do in Fuchsia - look and feel, apps, scripting,
concurrency, etc. Since Smalltalk seems to be a superset of Dart, can we
auto translate Dart to Smalltalk? Just as Slang converts Smalltalk to C, can
we have a Smalltalk subset that converts to Dart? Can Smalltalk be the
debugger or simulator for Dart development? Can Smalltalk do more than what
Dart can do in Fuchsia?

I wish I have access to the great minds Ben had mentioned. I am hoping that
this thread will draw the best minds and ideas to pave the way for Smalltalk
or its descendants to succeed in the future. Again, let's brainstorm.

All the best,
Aik-Siong Koh