The VM you use is the fastest one available.

It's slower mostly due to non Smalltalk concerns (processor architecture,
energy consumption, frequency, overall hardware).

There is an abstraction over the back-ends in the JIT and it could be that
overall the JIT is a little bit more optimised for intel than for ARM. But
I would guess that's a 20% difference at most, if difference there is.