It looks like some "Failed magic" is involved here. A bit of the stack for your viewing pleasure:

MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "ifTrue:ifFalse:" is nil
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #ifTrue:ifFalse:
STONWriter>>ExecuteUnOptimizedIn:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>mustBeBooleanInMagic:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>mustBeBoolean
STONWriter>>encodeString:

Perhaps this is a Pharo6.0 bug -- triggered by my bug in STONWriter>>encodeString:

Travis is running headless and presumably the error/notification/exception handling is a bit different running headless?

Dale