On 10/23/2016 11:08 AM, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:

Curious question: let say that the spec configuration in first code fragment fails to load for various reason, is there a way for metacello to detect the fail and add something to the baseline , let say the stable version of pillar, so if it sees that the development version of pillar fails to load it falls back to loading the stable version instead ?

Essentially I am asking here about metacello exceptions.

Dimitris,

I haven't done any work with respect to dynamically changing the project version that is loaded with the exception of lock handling.

If you look at the subclasses of MetacelloScriptNotification and MetacelloProjectSpecScriptNotification you will see the notifications that are used to implement the fundamentals of lock handling and I suppose that it would be possible to build a MetacelloScriptEngine that gave a developer some explicit control over project spec lookup, but doing so in response to unspecified load errors could be a bit dicey ...

Presumably, one could write an error handler that caught load errors and then manipulated the project locks to do something like you are suggesting ...

Dale